Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hangzhou

It took some time, but finally some news again on this blog! I am currently already in Mongolia, but have not even posted news on my visits to Hangzhou, Beijing and Shanghai! Sorry!


Anyways, I know that you are all busy (or enjoying the sun) so I am sure nobody really minds :).

Well, first a short overview of my stay in Hangzhou. Hangzhou is located about 200 KM from Shanghai and has a population well over 6 million. The beautiful West Lake and its surrounding historical sites make the city a tourist hot spot for both Chinese and foreigners.

"Hmmm, pictures are a big greenish"

As said, the city is one of the most attractive scenic spots in China (according to both Chinese and ME!). As the Chinese say: ""Be born in Suzhou, live in Hangzhou, eat in Guangzhou, diie in Liuzhou" (never been to the last city). This one is nice as well "Above there is Heaven. Below, Suzhou and Hangzhou" (上有天堂,下有苏杭). Below there are also some more pictures.

The teacher and the student (who's who)

West Lake

Although my stay in Hanzghou was relatively short, I was happy to have finally visited the city (it was long on my list of things to see in China).

I will post my Beijing and Shanghai posts later today or othwerwise tomorrow, PROMISE!


Love,


Marijn

0 Comments: