Thursday, May 31, 2007

Last days in Changzhou

My time in Changzhou is almost over. Tomorrow will be my last day and then I have to start packing and organising myself. The latter will most certainly prove to be difficult, as I have done nothing so far...

The time in Changzhou has been interesting and enriching in many, many way. I hope that I have done enough for sustainable urban development in China, although I am aware that the country definitely needs more help. I just heard from friends in Wuxi that there is no bottled water anymore available and drinking from the tab is no alternative due to a long list of harmful toxics. Development comes with a price…

As for myself, I will soon will leave this country to start something which I think I will enjoy very much... travelling back home! For those interested, I will first explore China a little tad more. I have not even been to Beijing yet, can you imagine after having spend almost a year in China!? I have no concrete travel plan, but intend to visit Mongolia (if only to ride a horse in the Gobi desert!) and of course see the Asian side of Russia.

Don’t get jealous now; instead visit my blog every now and then to get a glimpse of beautiful Eurasia!

A lot of love and good dreams,

Marijn

0 Comments: