Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Postmodernist Witches

I started a new job today, nothing big just earning some money to eat more than just noodles with salt and pepper. The job is not that interesting, I mean pretty straightforward market research BS. Its about interviewing small and medium sized Dutch enterprises and their interest in "Managed Voice and Data Appliances" (in regular English that is phone and Internet!). The only reason for the company hiring a quasi Marxist and semi postmodernist (i.e. me) is because I speak that unspeakable language.... DUTCH!

Anyways, I am concurrently studying my butt off at uni. I started today on a postmodern perspective of money and the financial domain. Don't worry, I will not bore you with all kinds of post structuralist, historically discontinuous analysis of what normal people refer to as "CASH"! However, I do want to stay with postmodernism, in a very different matter though, namely.... through witches!

I came across of this documentary, made in 1922, which is about....

Plot: the history of witchcraft, told in a variety of styles, from illustrated sideshow to dramatised events of alleged real-life events, right up to the early twentieth century (when the film was made). Fans of "The Blair Witch Project" should take notice, especially considering that the Danish title of this film is "Haxan", also the name of the movie company that created "Blair Witch".

Häxan (allow the movie some time to load)


Note: "Yes, yes I will continue my hitchhiking stories soon enough!"

0 Comments: