Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm Glad

(English)

In the roughness of Saturday night
I'm glad to watch people
outside laughing in the open air.


My heart also is made of air
my eyes reflect the joy of the people
and in my hair shines Saturday night.


Young man, I'm glad with my miserly
Saturday night, I'm happy with people
I am alive, I am happy with the air.


I am used to the evil of Saturday night.

-------------------------------------------------
(Friulian Dialect)

Ta la sera ruda di Sàbida
mi contenti di jodi la int
fôr di ciasa ch'a rit ta l'aria.

Encia il me côr al è di aria
e tai me vuj a rit la int
e tai me ris a è lus di Sàbida.


Zòvin, i mi contenti dal Sàbida,
puòr, i mi contenti da la int,
vif, i mi contenti da l'aria.


I soj usât al mal dal Sàbida.


- P.P. Pasolini

0 Comments: