Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I am Cuba

Today a special post. I finally managed to find the movie I have been looking for ages for and I am sharing it with you!

Soy Cuba (I am Cuba) is described by film critics as "a unique, insane, exhilarating spectacle". Filmed in Spanish, dubbed in Russian, and subtitled in English, this unique collaboration between Russian director Mikhail Kalatozov (The Cranes are Flying), the poet Yevgeni Yevtushenko, and writer Enrique Pineda Barnet dramatizes the conditions that led to the 1959 Cuban revolution. Originally made in 1964 (and unpopular both in Russia and Cuba), but only to be introduced to the capaitalist world in the 1960s and 1970s.

Imagine traveling in Cuba, its 1964 and you you are soaken into a world of: luxury, poverty, revolution, and vagrancy. The times are changing, the world around you is changing. However, no matter how much anything changes, the sun-soaked gorgeousness of the land doesn't budge.

This is Cuba, I am Cuba

Part I


Part II

0 Comments: