Sunday, April 01, 2007

Springtime!

Dear all,


Its been some time again... Well, what can I say? I have been extremely busy the last few weeks organising and documenting focus groups and face- to face interviews for my German employer. A working day that consists of only 8 hours is currently as rare as finding a Westerner in
Changzhou :). Anyways, that is no excuse for not writing you, of course!

The last few weeks I also rounded up my application process for PhDs in England. And I must say, that I was relatively successful :). I have so far received offers from
Durham, London, Warwick and Manchester. The only problem that still remains is the funding… As a Dutch citizen I found out that it is rather difficult to receive awards for PhDs in the UK. If you have any tips/ recommendations, please do not hesitate to write them in the comments :)

The weather is slowly getting warmer here in
Changzhou, which makes the city a lot more habitable. People in my neighbourhood start eating out on the streets again, old men playing cards and children running and chasing around. Life is a lot better with a tad of sun :). The city’s wakening from its deep winter sleep, also provides a unique opportunity to make pictures again. In my next posting I will upload some of my new pictures to give you a glimpse of beautiful (...) Changzhou.

Somebody emailed me some time ago to ask where
Changzhou is exactly located. Well..., I found a small map of Jiangsu province (Nanjing is the capital) and posted it in this email.

That's that for now. It is starting to get late and tomorrow is another working day!

Take care and give a lot of love,


Marijn

Ps. Happy Passover/ Eastern!

0 Comments: