Friday, February 16, 2007

Xin nian kuai le (happy new year) !!

Finally some news again on this blog! I was forced to calm my blog drift for a while, because I started a new job in Changzhou! I took on a job as an advisor for the GTZ (German Development Cooperation) on a project that involves ecological- friendly urban planning. The implementation of the organisation’s initiatives takes places in Yangzhou and Changzhou (two medium sized cities in Jiangsu province). For those who are interested in the project and its initiatives, please visit: http://www.ecocity-programme.org/.

I started only a couple of days ago, but was already very busy organising myself in my new private and professional surrounding. I rented a small flat not that far from the city centre and conveniently close to my work (walking distance). I will update my blog in the coming days with pictures of my neighbourhood, which in many aspects is traditional Chinese.

BTW: It almost is Chinese New Year now (The Chinese New Years starts on the 18th of February) and I really have no idea yet what to expect! Everybody has been talking about it for the last couple of days/ weeks and there is a special ambience noticeable in the streets. It’s a pity that I will not be able to celebrate it in the streets of Shanghai or Beijing. However, fortunately I will not be celebrating it alone. I will go to Wuxi tomorrow to visit some friends and get a taste of the celebrations.

Have to go now, my lunch break is over! I will give you more details in the following posts!

Gong xi fa cai!

1 Comments:

Leonidas said...

Good news regarding the job Marijn!

Congrats!