Friday, January 19, 2007

Harbin?

Hi all!

My teaching experience is rapidly coming to an end. Next week is my last week at the Southern Yangtze University in Wuxi. However, it is merely the end of my stay here in China!

I have sent two applications to universities in Harbin (capital of China’s northern Heilongjiang Province), where I hope to attend a three months Chinese course. However, my decision to study Chinese is not yet completely been made, because I also consider a possible internship for a German state owned development organisation (GTZ) in southern China. I hope to make a final decision next week and will inform you when I know more.

In this post you'll find some pictures of the campus where I stayed the last 4 month, more pictures can be found on my Picassa page (see the link “my pics” on the right of this text for more photos).

Concurrently I have been busy browsing for PhD offers in universities across the UK and one in Italy. I found a couple of professors who were enthusiastic about my proposal, but I still have to submit my applications for both a place and a studentship. Especially, the latter one proves to be very difficult indeed! Keep your fingers crossed, because I need all the help I can get!

That’s is for now, I will write more hopefully next week when I made a final decision where I will be staying for my last three months in the Middle Kingdom.

All the best and good luck with the many storms in Europe and Northern America!

Marijn

0 Comments: